At Publishing Xpress, we specialize in printing multipage documents from 8 pages to over 600 pages for a wide range of clients, including companies, individuals, nonprofit organizations, and schools. We print a large assortment of products, including books, catalogs, art books, annual reports, association directories, calendars, children’s books, church directories, college journals, college textbooks, yearbooks, comic books, convention workbooks, cookbooks, family history books, journals, magazines, literary magazines, manuals, membership directors, memory books, newsletters, motivational books, novels, photo books, poetry books, product manuals, program booklets, seminar workbooks, souvenir books, special event fundraising booklets, team sports books, training manuals, and workbooks.
Please check out our Book Printing Ideas page for more information. With our numerous options, including three standard finished sizes and any number of custom sizes, four binding styles, many paper choices, UV coating on covers, fast turnaround, and low printing prices, we hope you’ll consider Publishing Xpress for your next printing project.
At Publishing Xpress, we offer four standard finished sizes: 9 x 12, 8½ x 11, 6 x 9, 5½ x 8½ But we can print custom sizes as well. We have printed books and catalogs ranging from 3 inches x 3 inches all the way to 11 inches x 17 inches.
When pricing a nonstandard sizes up to 9 x 12, simply select our price calculator for the next largest size. For instance, if you want to print a 5 x 5 book, select the 5 ½ x 8 ½ calculator. Or, if you want a 7 x 10 magazine, just select the 8 ½ x 11 calculator.
At Publishing Xpress, we offer four binding styles for multipage documents:
- Saddle stitching: Saddle stitching can be used for documents from 8 to 80 pages. Two pages are printed on each side of a large sheet of paper. The sheets are then collated and folded in half, with two staples on the binding edge. Saddle stitching is a good option for catalogs, program booklets, etc. Due to the way they are printed, saddle stitched booklets must be set up in increments of 4 pages. Saddle stitching costs 20 cents per book.
- Perfect binding: Perfect binding can be used for documents from 8 pages to over 300 pages. Glue is placed in the center of the inside cover and then the inside pages adhere to the glue. Perfect binding is popular for paperback novels and larger magazines. This binding costs 50 cents per book.
- Plastic coil binding: Plastic coil binding can be used for documents from 8 pages to over 300 pages. This binding is similar to a school notebook, except the binding is covered in black plastic instead of metal. Plastic coil binding is a great option for documents that are heavily used or where the document needs to lay flat. Plastic coil binding costs 95 cents per book.
- Wire-o binding: Wire-o binding can also be used for documents from 8 pages to over 300 pages. Wire-o binding is similar to plastic coil binding, except the binding is light black wire. Many feel it is more sophisticated looking than plastic coil binding. Wire-o binding is also a good option for documents that are heavily used or where the document needs to lay flat. Wire-o binding costs 80 cents per book.
At Publishing Xpress, we have numerous paper options for the inside pages of your document as well as special papers for covers. All of our papers come in white only.
For inside pages, we offer:
- 60 lb. uncoated text
- 70 lb. uncoated text
- 70 lb. matte text
- 70 lb. gloss text
- 80 lb. matte text
- 80 lb. gloss text
- 100 lb. matte text
- 100 lb. gloss text
For covers, you can use the same paper as the inside pages or these paper stocks:
- 80 lb. matte cover
- 80 lb. gloss cover
- 100 lb. matte cover
- 100 lb. gloss cover
- 120 lb. gloss cover (only available with plastic coil and wire-o binding)
- 120 lb. matte cover (only available with plastic coil and wire-o binding)
When selecting paper stock for saddle stitch binding or perfect binding, we often recommend an 80# cover stock for the cover with 80# text stock for the inside pages or 100# cover stock for the cover with 100# text stock for the inside pages. These combinations work very well together.
For plastic coil and wire-o binding, we recommend the heaviest cover stock (120# gloss or matte cover) with at least 70# uncoated text stock or 80# coated text stock on the inside pages.
If you are not sure what paper stocks to use, order our printing sample package. That package contains a plastic coil bound book with sample of all of our paper stocks.
Our normal turnaround time is 4 business days after proof approval. We also offer expedited turnaround times:
- 3 business days after proof approval costs 15% extra
- 2 business days after proof approval costs 25% extra
- 1 business day after proof approval costs 40% extra
- Same day as proof approval costs 100% extra. However, before ordering, please check with us to make sure that we are able to print the same day.
Unlike other printing companies, we provide you with an exact number of production days. We do not give you a range of days, because we do not think that is very helpful for you to schedule jobs. However, please keep in mind that our turnaround times are our production times only and do not include UPS shipping times to deliver your order. Shipping times with the United States can vary from 1 to 4 business days. Please see our shipping page to determine how many shipping days you are from our location. You can also expedite shipping, but you will need to pay for this service. Ground UPS shipping is free for orders over $199. UPS offers overnight, 2nd day, and 3-day shipping in addition to standard ground shipping.
At Publishing Xpress, we offer lamination for the covers of perfect bound, plastic coil, and wire-o books. We do not offer lamination for saddle stitch books. We currently offer gloss, soft touch, leather, and linen lamination. The cost is:
- 35 cents per book for one sided gloss lamination
- 70 cents per book for two sided gloss lamination (available only for plastic coil and wire-o books)
- 40 cents per book for one sided soft touch lamination
- 80 cents per book for two sided soft touch lamination (available only for plastic coil and wire-o books)
- 50 cents per book for one sided leather lamination
- $1 per book for two sided leather lamination (available only for plastic coil and wire-o books)
- 50 cents per book for one sided linen lamination
- $1 per book for two sided linen lamination (available only for plastic coil and wire-o books)
At Publishing Xpress, we only accept PDF files for your printing files. The PDF file must be high resolution, which will embed all fonts and graphics, so that no elements are moved or displaced on your pages. Please review every page of your PDF before uploading it to us. You are the only one who can judge whether all of the pages are correct and that nothing has shifted or moved.
Our customer service reps review every job before it is shipped. In many cases, they will notice things like low-resolution graphics, layering issues, and sometimes even typos. If they notice something, they will bring it to your attention so that you can correct it. However, we cannot guarantee that we will notice everything that may be wrong with a particular job.