Inspiration can strike you anywhere. Which means your poems could be scattered on the backs of napkins or in stray notebooks. The solution? Print your very own poetry book at Publishing Xpress. We can help you create a professional, custom book beautifully compiling all your poems in one place through our poetry book printing services.
We specialize in quality printing, at low prices with minimal order quantities. We pride ourselves in offering personal and friendly online service—plus a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our online calculators can give you an instant quote on your printing project:
Poetry Book Inspiration
If you’re looking for inspiration for your poetry book printing project, check out our client spotlight, Moments in Time. Or check out these 25 modern examples of poetry layout.
How to Print Your Book
Looking for some ideas for self-publishing your book? Consider downloading our Ultimate Guide to Printing Your Book, Booklet, Catalog, or Magazine. It has lots of valuable tips to ensure that your poetry book is printed to perfection!
Self-publishing poetry is simple and easy at Publishing Xpress. Once you’ve decided on the size of your poem book, paper stock, color, binding, and quantities—you will simply upload your files and we’ll take it from there. In addition to numerous printing options, you’ll enjoy fast turnaround (4-6 business days after proof approval, with options for 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, and same day service) and friendly and knowledgeable customer service.
You always have the option to get a hard copy press proof of your book. We will print and bind it just like the specs on your order, so you will know exactly how the finished books will look. A press proof sent via UPS ground service costs $60, while a proof sent via UPS overnight service costs $100. If you decide to get a press proof, make sure to factor in another 1 to 2 weeks for delivery of your final books. It will take a few days for you to get the press proof. Then, if you want to make changes, you’ll need to add another couple days for that process.
You’ll like our flexibility, willingness to work with you, and especially our low, low pricing. We specialize in printing multi-page books and documents, so we are very efficient at it, allowing us to keep our prices low.
Tips for Your Poetry Book
Before you start laying out your poetry book, check out these tips:
- Margins typically aren’t an issue with poetry books. The nature of poems results in a lot of open areas on a page. But that means that a book with strictly poems in it can look very sparse. Consider adding graphics or photos to your poetry book. Select photos that complement the poem. Often, black and white photos will work very well in a poetry book, keeping the cost of the book low. Or add an illustration to the poems. Our client spotlight, Moments in Time, did a really nice job of laying out the poems and adding illustrations to the pages. Before laying out your book, look through poetry books that you think are well designed. What do you like about those books? What font do they use? How are the poems layed out? What visual elements are on the page? Is the book in color or black and white? Determine what elements you would like to see in your poetry book.
- All books need a well designed cover, including poetry books. You can design the cover yourself. Or for just $100, our designers can design the front and back cover for you. Give us some basic information about your book and the type of graphic you want on the cover (if you don’t have one) and our designers will take it from there. You get two rounds of revisions with the basic price. After that, revisions are only $25 per round.
- You can use any of our four binding options for your poetry book printing (perfect bound, plastic coil, saddle stitch, and wire-o), but most poetry books are perfect bound. You can’t go wrong with the professional look of a perfect bound book. We have two perfect binding machines, one that uses EVA glue and the other uses PUR glue. While either option will typically work well with poetry books, PUR is a stronger glue that is tougher to pull apart. We prefer to use the PUR glue if possible. The PUR glue has to dry overnight, so if you select same day or 1 day processing, we have to use EVA glue. Also, books with just a few pages or that are smaller than 5.5 x 8.5 have to be bound on the machine with EVA glue.
- We have all types of paper stocks for your book, ranging from 60# uncoated text stock to 100# gloss or matte text stock. For covers, we offer 80# or 100# cover stock. Which ones you use will depend on your personal preferences. All of the paper stocks will make good choices for your poetry book. To help you make a decision, consider ordering our free sample packet. We include samples of all four of our binding options. The plastic coil book has samples of all of our paper stocks plus gloss and soft-touch lamination. Many clients find the sample package very helpful when making decisions about their book printing.
- Consider laminating the cover of your poetry book. If the cover has a lot of color on it, gloss lamination will make the colors pop. Soft-touch lamination has a very velvety feel to it. Both lamination options will add protection to the book, while enhancing the look of the book.
Contact Us Today about Printing!
Interested in book printing? Call us now! Our service representatives can provide you with poetry book printing quotes, answer your questions and walk you through the publishing process. You can call us at 1-877-977-3779, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat online (our chat function is in the lower right corner of every page on our website). Be sure to request a free sample package so you can see our print quality for yourself. Or take a look at our other book printing ideas for more inspiration.