If you’re looking to get a custom notebook printing project published, Publishing Xpress is the perfect place to have it printed. We offer a wide variety of options, depending on your needs. We offer different sizes, four different binding styles, different papers, color or black and white printing, and lamination. The best part is we offer low printing quantities of only 25 copies, reasonable pricing, fast turnaround times, and outstanding client service. But you don’t have to take our word for it. Check out all of our 5-star Google reviews! Our online calculators can give you an instant quote on your printing project:
Most of the pages in a notebook contain blank sheets of paper for the user to write on. The paper can be plain, ruled, dotted, or graph paper. Other information can be included, such as a seminar schedule for a conference notebook, company information and advertisements for a company notebook, or school schedules and other information for a school notebook. In our free sample packet, we include a wire-o notebook that has ruled pages, but a few of the pages have a photograph and motivational quote. Planners, on the other hand, tend to have preprinted information that the user fills out, such as a workout planner, diet planner, or daily calendar planner.
Tips for Your Notebook Printing Project
As you prepare your notebook for printing, keep these tips in mind:
- Decide on a binding style. We offer perfect binding, plastic coil, saddle stitch, and wire-o. While any of the options can work for a notebook, they are typically printed as plastic coil or wire-o books. The advantage of these two options is that the notebook can lay flat as the user is writing in it. Wire-o is often thought to be more sophisticated looking than plastic coil. If the notebook is for children, however, we would recommend using plastic coil. Wire-o can have sharp edges at the top and bottom of the book.
- How many pages do you want to include in the notebook? If the notebook is for a specific event, you might not think that you need to include that many pages. We recommend at least 50 pages (25 sheets of paper). If it’s a notebook that will be used on an ongoing basis, such as a school notebook or a notebook to track thoughts over an extended period of time, you might want to include many more pages.
- What paper do you want to use for the inside pages? Since the pages will be written on, we recommend using 60# or 70# uncoated text stock. It is the easiest to write on and typically won’t smear with rollerball pens or markers. Before making a decision, we recommend that you request our free sample packet. We’ll send you samples of all four of our binding styles. And the plastic coil book has samples of all of our papers as well as gloss and soft-touch lamination. The packet is a great resource when you’re making decisions about your notebook.
- Determine what cover stock you will use on the notebook. If you are binding the notebook as a plastic coil or wire-o book, we recommend using our heaviest paper options — either 120# cover or 16 pt. cover stock. The thickness makes the notebook more durable. You can also add lamination, which adds a little more thickness and protects the cover. Gloss lamination will make the colors on the cover pop, while soft-touch lamination has a velvety feel to it. Another option is to include clear plastic covers on the front and colored plastic covers on the back, for even more thickness and protection. An option we particularly like is to laminate the front cover and add a colored plastic back.
- Decide how you want the inside pages to look. Common options include narrow ruled pages, wide ruled pages, dot grids, and graph paper. Do you want them just black and white or color? If the notebook is promotional in nature, consider adding your logo to the top corner of every page.
- If your notebook is being printed for promotional purposes, don’t leave any of the four cover pages blank (outside front cover, inside front cover, back inside cover, and back outside cover). Make sure the cover is professionally designed and that the back cover contains all of your contact information. Use the inside covers for advertisements, company promotions, or information about other products or services you offer. If you’re not happy with the look of your cover, consider using our cover design service. For just $100, our designers will design a cover based on your specifications. The $100 fee includes two rounds of revisions. Additional revisions are only $25 per round. It’s an inexpensive way to get a professionally designed cover.
- Want a unique look for your notebook? Consider rounded corners. You can find this option under Additional Finishing Options on our pricing calculators. It’s a really nice option for notebooks and planners.
- Not sure you’ll be happy with the options you selected for your notebook printing project? If you have time, consider getting a hard copy press proof. We’ll send you a proof with the paper and binding options you selected, so you’ll see exactly how your finished notebooks will look. If you need to make changes once you see your notebook, that’s not problem and there’s no charge. The cost for a hard copy press proof is $60 if shipped via UPS ground service and $100 if shipped via UPS overnight service.
Let Us Know If We Can Help!
Our client service representatives would be happy to answer any of your questions. You can reach us by phone at 1-877-977-3779, by email at email@example.com, or via online chat (our chat feature can be found in the bottom right hand corner on every page on our website). Don’t forget to request our free sample packet. You’ll find lots of useful information, which will help you when making selections for your notebook printing project. And visit our online calculators to instantly get a price for printing your notebooks. You can easily make changes to the selected options and get updated pricing instantly!